- You can send a text file as part of an e-mail. This is the most reliable method.
- You can attach a file to the e-mail.
- Many online sites like Dropbox.com will also let you share large files with others for download free (search Google.com).
- You can send a data CD or DVD, or even a USB stick.
- Thor May can fetch files from your Internet site by ftp (file transfer protocol) if you give him a password.
Best: Microsoft Word file formats are the most widely used, especially the *.doc and docx. formats. *.htm or *.html files are also fine..
- If you are using a recent edition of MS Word, try to remove any macros before you save. (I have found that macros sometimes create problems).
- If you are using a non-international system, such as the Korean system *.hwp, please save your document in *.doc, docx*. odt*, rtf, *.htm or *.txt before sending it.
- If you are using *.txt with non-latin characters (e.g. Korean hangul, Chinese characters, Arabic, Farsi etc.) remember to change the encoding to UTF8.
- Do not send *. pdf format files. This format is not designed to be edited. *.pdf files are designed for finished printing or viewing. If necessary, I do have a way to extract from most pdf files (if they are not images), but formatting may be lost.
- Other formats: I can convert most document formats if necessary. Let me know of your needs.
Thor May – Editor & English Language Tutor, Consultant
mobile (+61) 0479 154 831; email@example.com
Thor May, proprietor
PhD, MA (Linguistics), P’grad. Dip. Tchg., RSA /CTEFLA
Specialist in English Language